Pecan Monkey Bread
+ for the dough (I always double this, perfect for dinner and another for breakfast!)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbs granulated sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1/4 cup warm water
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
+for the coverings & sopping
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed )
1/4 cup of pecans
1) Combine warm water, yeast, and 2 tbs of granulated sugar in a bowl. Wait 5 minutes for the yeast to bloom.
2) Once foamy, add the rest of the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add flour and salt! At this point, you can either refrigerate the dough overnight or use it immediately.
3) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan or bundt pan. Mix together, from the coverings & sopping, sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a measuring cup, set aside. Pour half of the 1/4 cup of pecans in the bottom of the pan.
4) Make approximately 20 mini dough balls, about the size of a golf ball. Drop each in the mixing cup of sugar and drop in the greased pan with pecans. After you're out of dough, melt the butter into the measuring cup of sugar. Pour into your pan. Top with remaining pecans.
5) Bake for 25-30 minutes. Carefully remove pan and flip into a baking dish! Enjoy!