2 tbsp active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or butter!)
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp salt
3.5 cups all-purpose flour
1) Dissolve yeast, sugar, and warm water in a bowl. Let sit for five minutes.
2) Add the oil, egg. Mix until combined. Add the flour and salt.
3) Knead about 5 minutes until you have a nice dough ball.
4) Divide into 12 pieces, shape into the size of an orange. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets, I do about 6 per pan. Preheat oven to 425F.
5) Cover with a kitchen cloth and let rest for 10 minutes, in the summer, set them on your banisters, covered, for the best reveal. Bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes. Watch closely, they burn fast depending on what your cookie sheet is made of (darker metal gets hotter, thus burns faster). Remove from pans to a bowl. Cover with cloth and serve warm! Cut in in half with a bread knife for the best hamburger buns!